This page is dedicated to the parents of all the students that will walk into my classroom. Below you will find a letter that I have written to you and a link to my teaching philosophy. I also have provided a link to contact me for any reason and a list of some helpful online resources for you as a parent.
Welcome! I am excited to not only get to know your child, but to get to know you! For this to be a year full of learning and new skills, I want to make this year beneficial for you and your child. This website is not just for students and/or colleagues of mine, but it is for you as well. I want to make sure that you know what your child is learning, what they will be accomplishing, and see the work that they have created. As the year progresses, I will be adding another page to this site and have it dedicated to work that went above and beyond the mark that I was expecting. Students will be featured on that page and this way you can see what is going on within our classroom! My motto “Refuse To Be Average” is something that I would like for you to remind your child about outside of school. It is a personal goal to make sure that my students do not get lost in the curriculum, but instead use the curriculum to excel! A goal of mine is to make sure that your child gets the best learning experience, but at the same time, learning about themselves. My door is always open and I am pleased to be your child’s fifth grade teacher!
The following link will take you to a page specifically designed for my teaching philosophy with a writing focus.
Do not hesitate to contact me whether you have questions, concerns, or suggestions. My door is always open!
How Can You Help?
The links below are full of information on how you, as a parent, can help your student succeed in school. There are endless amounts of online resources that you can dive into, but these are just some of my favorites! Feel free to click the links and explore how you can be a bigger part in your child’s education.
- A great site for both teachers and parents! There are many ways to get involved in your child’s education and this site details them out for you.
- This site is full of parenting tips and strategies for helping your student both in general and with their education. It is a great source of information!
- If you or someone you know is struggling with their child who has special needs, this website is a wonderful community to become a part of. This site has helpful tips and ways to connect with other parents with children who have special needs.
- This site is a great resource for when it comes to making sure your child keeps up with their schoolwork. It also details ways in which you can be a supporter of your child and how to keep them curious!
- On this site, there are multiple areas of content when it comes to parenting a student of education. There are links, strategies, helpful tips, and a way to contact someone if you have more questions that the site does not answer!